Client Bill of Rights
As a VHA client, you have the right to…
- Be treated with courtesy and respect and have your culture and lifestyle choices respected
- Understand the service(s) you will receive and any associated risks
- Accept or refuse our services
- Receive safe and reliable services that maximize your independence
- Play an active role in directing your care and setting your goals
- Have your information kept confidential
- Have a friend, family member or other important person present during service or at any meeting with VHA or the VHA provider
- Get information about VHA Home HealthCare’s complaint process and contact VHA with any concerns/complaints
- Have questions answered promptly
- Know the date of your next appointment in advance
- Be informed of any possible costs (e.g., equipment purchase)
Do you have feedback?
We want to hear from you. Whether you want to tell us we’re doing a great job or that we could do a better job meeting your needs, please call us. Your feedback will help us improve the quality of care we provide. We’ll do our very best to respond to concerns and make sure you’re satisfied!
If you have a concern about service or your VHA care provider you can:
- Call the VHA Supervisor/Manager or Coordinator to tell him/her your concern.
- If the Supervisor/Manager or Coordinator can’t fix the problem, call your VHA Regional Manager.
- Contact VHA’s Vice President of Client Services, Chief Nursing Executive or President if you’re still dissatisfied.
- You may also contact your funder at any time if you receive LHIN or agency funding.
- We also want to hear from you if you’re happy with your VHA services!